ABOUT THE ROLE:
Indochino is currently looking for a Controller to join our team! Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be providing leadership to our finance team while contributing to the overall success to the team. The responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- Oversee daily management of the INDOCHINO finance department and work with Leadership and other stakeholders to provide key financial support and management reporting including KPI’s for operating and strategic decision making
- Manage and lead the accounting processes on areas including but not limited to accounts payable, payroll, indirect taxes, gross margin dollar, net realized price, and inventory valuation and movement
- Manage and lead the preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial results with supporting information to the business
- Conduct variance analysis, provide recommendation and support to resolve identified gaps
- Review and approve monthly journal entries
- Coordinate and negotiate insurance policies, assess and review coverage regularly and as needed
- Develop and monitor controls surrounding assets at retail stores (i.e. cash and accessories inventory)
- Develop, maintain, and perform ongoing testing of implementation of policies and procedures for key areas including: inventory, cash, coupon, gift cards, expenses, travel and MasterCard etc.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Director, Finance as needed
- Provide analytical, compliance, reconciliation, cost control and management support to cross functional teams
- Forecast, re-forecast, analyze, and verify tax amounts and balances for filing and custom export purposes
- Review and approve regular tax filing including VAT and EIT
- Resolve all indirect tax issues as needed and prepare responses to tax audits as necessary
- Provide budget to actual variance analyses identifying variances in expense accounts and research and communicate findings as needed
- Managing the annual external audit process, including coordinating with the accounting team for all required documentation
- Work with FP&A to provide analytics as needed
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of post qualification experience
- 1 to 2 years of management experience
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA / CA / CGA / CMA)
- Solid knowledge/experience in USA and Canadian taxes
- Ability to provide concise, accurate, and timely analysis
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and provide meaningful insights and recommendation
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with other departments within the company
- Exceptional communicator, both verbal and written
- Ability to inspire, engage, and motivate teams to achieve results and success
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A Pragmatic approach with a high attention to detail
- A Passion for driving results with proven results-orientation
- Focus on managing priorities and timelines in challenging environment.
- A team player who is keen to take ownership of tasks and support other team members, and someone who can effectively collaborate and work with other functions
- Experience with Sage X3 would be preferred
- Experience in the retail industry is an asset
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK AT INDOCHINO:
Of course you will get great compensation, but there are a few things that set us apart.
- Ground floor opportunity: influence the strategic and operational direction of Indochino’s growing retail department
- Your co-workers will be outstanding. The people here are really terrific. We’re continually learning from each other.
- We truly collaborate. You will work and partner with a variety of different teams from merchandising, technology, operations and anything in between.
- We’re shaking things up in the apparel world. If you have ambition and a strong point of view (with the skills to back it up) you’ll have a good time at Indochino.
If this sounds like something you’d love to do, and you know you’re the person for us, visit our careers page, tell us a bit about yourself, we’d love to hear from you!Apply For This Job
To check on an application you’ve submitted click here.