ABOUT THE ROLE:
Indochino is looking for an In-House Tailor for the Indochino showroom, you will ensure that Indochino’s quality standards are met in all alterations completed, in the showroom or externally. If you are highly organized, self-motivated, willing to go above and beyond to support the team and get the job done then this is the right opportunity for you! Specifically, you will take ownership of the following:
- Sewing a minimum of $800 weekly in alterations according to current tailor price list
- Remaining available to complete on the spot alterations
- Sewing any rush orders, special requests and escalated situations
- Maintain a record of Sewing done in store
- Work alongside other tailor(s) as a team
- Responsible for quality control including offsite tailors work as well as other tailors in showroom as per quality control checklist guideline
- Delegating alterations to offsite tailors
- Maintain supply levels of tailoring specific items
- Maintaining and auditing alterations logs
- Assisting in finding discrepancies with invoices
- Consulting in customer fittings as needed
- Coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping fit specialists to improve their knowledge or skills.
You are exceptional at keeping things organized and you have impeccable time management skills. You know what it takes to provide top-notch customer service, and you pay attention to all the little details to make sure that the customers know they have been taken care of. It goes without saying that you have a love for fashion and can’t get enough of the fast paced retail environment. In addition, you also bring with you the following:
- A background in alterations, strong understanding of garment construction and the Indochino pattern and its business impact
- Ability to bridge communication between Showroom staff and tailors
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work within tight deadlines
- Strong desire and aptitude to develop, learn and grow through hands-on experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs
- A strong design sense and trend awareness across all fields
- Previous experience in Alterations an advantage
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment guided by iterative learning and team engagement.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time-management skills
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK AT INDOCHINO:
Of course you will get great compensation, but there are a few things that set us apart.
- Your co-workers will be outstanding. The people here are really terrific. We’re continually learning from each other.
- We truly collaborate. You will work and partner with a variety of different teams from merchandising, technology, operations and anything in between.
- We’re shaking things up in the apparel world. If you have ambition and a strong point of view (with the skills to back it up) you’ll have a good time at Indochino.
If this sounds like something you’d love to do, and you know you’re the person for us, visit our careers page, tell us a bit about yourself, we’d love to hear from you!
Indochino believes in cultivating simplicity. We do this by applying elegant solutions to complex problems and creating beautifully designed products of unparalleled quality and value. We’re changing the way people consume, and we also make great menswear. Great ideas come from anywhere and transcend position and title. That’s why we hire great people and give them the space to do great work. At Indochino, you’ll work on creative and innovative solutions to some of the most unique and challenging problems in the industry.Apply For This Job
To check on an application you’ve submitted click here.